Faculty / Portfolio:
Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
School of Biomedical Sciences
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology
||Clayton campus |
||$96,184 - $114,221 pa Level B
(includes 17% employer superannuation)
- Leading and reputable Australian University
- Excellent employee benefits on offer
- Exciting and rewarding environment
At Monash, we want our research to change things for the better, our teaching to set us apart and our social justice agenda to make a global difference. To continue achieving these objectives, we need people who have the same ambitions.
To attract excellent people we know we need to offer excellent benefits and conditions. That's why when you join Monash, you'll join a workplace where fairness and flexibility are standards, not afterthoughts. We offer a variety of professional development opportunities, support for research, generous maternity/parental leave and work arrangements that acknowledge one size doesn't fit all.
The Centre for Human Anatomy Education in the Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology invites applications for a full time continuing position at the lecturer level.
As a Level B academic you will be expected to make strong contributions to:
- the teaching of students in anatomical sciences, which may include embryology/developmental biology, neuroanatomy, topographical and clinical or applied anatomy
- research and postgraduate training.
In this role you will be responsible for undertaking:
- course development, coordination, supervision of teaching staff and students, undertaking assessment and student consultation
- contribution to curriculum design and review
- the development and conduct of research, including seeking funding to support research, publication and communication of research outcomes
- supervision of Honours and Research Higher Degree candidates as part of a team (where appropriate)
- contribution to service, including faculty, community and professional activities.
To be successful you will have a PhD in a relevant area of anatomical sciences or associated discipline with relevant research experience. You will also possess a demonstrated commitment to excellence in research and teaching. Establishing constructive collaborations and motivationg and inspiring students to learn through effective communication and interpersonal skills is essential.
This role is a full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash Jobs"
Professor Paul McMenamim, Director of Centre for Human Anatomy Education, +61 3 9905 6215
PD - Lecturer (Anatomy and Developmental Biology)
Thursday 15 August 2013, 11:55pm Aus. Eastern Standard Time