Faculty / Portfolio:
Faculty of Arts
School Philosophical, Historical and International Studies
Australian Centre for Jewish Civilisation
||Caulfield campus |
||Two year fixed-term appointment
(commencing July 2013)
||$62,724 - $85,128 pa Level A
(includes 9% employer superannuation)
- Leading international university
- Engage in original and innovative research
- Caulfield campus
At Monash, we want our research to change things for the better, our teaching to set us apart and our social justice agenda to make a global difference. To continue achieving these objectives, we need people who have the same ambitions.
To attract excellent people we know we need to offer excellent benefits and conditions. That's why when you join Monash, you'll join a workplace where fairness and flexibility are standards, not afterthoughts. We offer a variety of professional development opportunities, support for research, generous maternity/parental leave and work arrangements that acknowledge one size doesn't fit all.
The Australian Centre for Jewish Civilisation is seeking an Assistant Lecturer with a dynamic teaching and research profile in the area of Middle East studies with a specialisation in the history of modern Israel. You will teach in areas of high student interest offered by the Australian Centre for Jewish Civilisation, support research student supervision and engage in original and innovative research.
You will bolster the centre's strengths in the areas of modern Israel and Middle East Studies, playing a leading role in teaching the following existing History units:
- Modern Israel: History, Politics and Society
- The Middle East in the Modern World
- The History of the Arab-Israeli Conflict
- War and Peace: Models of Conflict Resolution.
You will have:
- a PhD qualification or near completion in the discipline of History relating to modern Israel and/or the Middle East
- expertise in the history of the Middle East with a specialisation in Israel
- a working knowledge of Hebrew
- evidence of outstanding research potential
- proven excellence in teaching
- the ability to work as part of a team
- high level verbal and written communication skills
- good organisational and administrative skills
- willingness to participate in the Centre's public engagement programs.
This role is a full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash Jobs"
Associate Professor Mark Baker, Director, Jewish Studies, +61 3 9903 5001
Please note that the University will be closed from Monday 24 December 2012 to Wednesday 2 January 2013.
PD - Assistant Lecturer - Australian Centre for Jewish Civilisation
Monday 21 January 2013, 11:55pm Aus. Eastern Daylight Time